Our union bargaining committees from five Tenet-owned hospitals, including West Boca Medical Center, Florida Medical Center, Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, Palmetto General Hospital and Good Samaritan Medical Center, have made all or most of our union contract proposals, including:
- Fair wages, benefits and vacation time
- Guidelines for a fair work schedule and shift length, including reasonable notice for call off and flexing,
time off on the weekends and compensation for overtime
- Language that ensures the hospital will honor seniority and longevity of service
- Language to give caregivers a voice in patient care concerns & ensure staffing for quality care
We have already reached a tentative agreement on about half of our proposals at each hospital, but we need to continue to be united as we call for our employer to finish negotiations and agree to a union contract that provides us with more job security, respect and a stronger voice.
3 Steps You Can Take to Get it Done!
1. Become a union member, or if you are already a member, recruit someone new. We need strength in numbers to get a strong union contract!
2. Fill out a “Reach Every Member” card with your contact info to `stay connected and receive the latest bargaining updates. Ask your union delegate or
organizer for one.
3. Attend bargaining to make your voice heard and show our employer that we want a fair contract now!