RN Mentorship Program for Union MembersSeptember 28, 2021
“It doesn’t matter if you work at UTower for 1 month, 1 year or the rest of your career – it’s important to join our union because we can get farther together than we could alone.”
Purpose: Enrich the connections between RNs by providing a program that is beneficial to mentors and mentees
• Mentees receive support, coaching, and guidance for excellence in the workplace
• Mentors have a chance to cultivate leadership for personal and professional growth
• All participants will gain different skills and incorporate Strategic Reflection – a technique that allows learning from experience, addressing patient issues, and improving professional practice.
Timeframe: One Semester Program
Format: Mixed – Virtual & In-person
• Monthly Workshops consisting of discussions, videos, guest speakers, worksheets and practice labs. CE’s offered.
• Peer-to-peer sessions independently scheduled by the Mentor Pairs with coaching from Union Staff.
• Mid-Term Reflections Roundtable – dinner and conversation in-person or dinner delivered to participants homes and a virtual discussion.
• Final – Plans for the Future (continuous learning and recruitment)
• How to Optimize Your Experience
• How to Recharge for Your Mental, Physical and Professional Well-Being
• How to Adjust and Lead in Different Ways
• And many more (including opportunities for participants to craft a workshop based on their interests)