The 1199SEIU Home Mortgage and Financial Wellness Program can help you achieve your financial goals — whether it’s buying a home or getting your finances in order.
TO BE ELIGIBLE:
- You must be approved for a mortgage by the Home Mortgage Program;
- You must be vested in your 1199SEIU pension benefit with an actuarial value of at least 50 percent of the amount of your loan;
- Your employer must agree to deduct your repayments from your paycheck automatically and submit them on time to the Pension Fund;
- You must complete a Request for Pension Estimate Form, which determines the amount of your loan;
- The property must be your primary residence; and
- You must have a verifiable closing date and submit all required loan documents to the Fund.
If you’re interested in taking out a home mortgage loan, it’s very important that you know exactly how it works. Join us at one of our Home Mortgage Program’s workshops, where our trained staff will carefully explain every step of the process. Visit 1199 NBF website www.1199SEIUBenefits.org to view the calendar for upcoming workshops. You can also stop by the Home Mortgage Program’s Manhattan office at 330 West 42nd Street, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, for a free, one-on-one Home Buyer’s Consultation with a member of the Home Mortgage team.
FIRST-TIME HOME BUYER ASSISTANCE
As part of the 1199SEIU Home Mortgage Program, we offer first time home buyers an introduction to the often complicated process of purchasing a home. We have partnered with community-based organizations that can help prepare you for the responsibilities associated with home ownership, empower you to make smart decisions throughout the home-buying process and assist you in getting the most affordable home loan, including connecting you with down payment and/or closing-cost assistance programs. If you’re not sure you’re ready to begin the home-buying process, attend one of our free workshops and find out more about:
- The 1199SEIU Home Mortgage Program
- One-on-One Home Buyer’s Consultation
- Home Mortgage and Financial Wellness Workshops
- Down Payment and Closing-Cost Assistance
- Early Delinquency and Foreclosure Intervention
- Refinancing Your Mortgage
FINANCIAL WELLNESS PROGRAM
Our Financial Wellness Program can help empower you to set and reach your financial goals. Our trained staff will teach you the “how” and “why” of winning financial habits and assist you in creating a plan specific to your needs.
Through our workshops, you will learn how to create a personal budget, improve your savings, reduce your debt, repair your credit, save for your children’s college education and plan for your future. Even if retirement is years away, you need to begin saving for it as soon as possible — ideally, as soon as you begin working. If you haven’t, don’t worry. It’s not too late, and our counselors can show you how to get started. This program will also help connect you with the resources you need to buy a home, get a confidential financial assessment and learn about investment planning.
The 1199SEIU Financial Wellness Program, in partnership with Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners (NTFP), offers “Getting Ahead,” a five-week workshop that gives you the tools and support you need to take control of your financial future. Each week, you will work with your financial adviser to determine your goals and employ the right plan to achieve them.
WEEK 1: Set a financial goal
WEEK 2: Develop a budget
WEEK 3: Reduce your debt
WEEK 4: Get — and understand — your credit report
WEEK 5: Start saving for your future
Our innovative program curriculum provides guidance, accountability and encouragement to help you develop solid credit and money-management skills. So take the first step in building a brighter future and contact us today at (646) 473-9200 or visit 1199 NBF website at www.1199SEIUBenefits.org.