Online DirectorOctober 16, 2017
1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East is the largest, fastest-growing, most progressive healthcare union in the country, and we are looking for an Online Director to work out of our New York City office.
The members of 1199SEIU are driven by a mission to achieve quality healthcare and good jobs for all. If you want to work in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment, using the latest communications strategies to win social justice for working families, this job is for you.
1199 offers competitive salaries as well as excellent benefits.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
• Develop and carry out a comprehensive digital strategy for the union that integrates our website, email, text, social media, and among other digital platforms to maximize member participation and supports our union’s campaigns and strategic goals.
• Create short-term and long-term plans and goals for our digital platforms. • Draft copy for email, text, website, and social media content.
• Ensure that our website has the most effective design and navigation and is updated frequently.
• Ensure our social media platforms are utilized in the most effective and interactive manner.
• Ensure regular, effective e-blasts.
• Create campaign and issue specific webpages and sites.
• Vastly increase our engagement on digital platforms.
• Manage digital staff, vendor relationships, and ongoing budget.
• Make sure that members who are interacting with us through our digital platforms are being followed up with and their questions are being answered.
• Excellent ability to work closely with a team.
• Knowledge of web languages including HTML, Java, among others.
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite products for editing graphics and photos.
• The ability to take responsibility for communications campaigns and pro-actively see each component through to a successful conclusion.
• Deep commitment to the labor movement and progressive causes.
• Excellent visual, written and verbal communications skills.
• At least 5 years of experience working in online and social media communications. Experience working with unions, government, non-profit, or progressive organizations a plus.
• Must thrive in an environment with tight deadlines, changing priorities, high-pressure, and irregular hours.
1199SEIU is an affirmative action employer- women, people of color and LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.
4 year minimum
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please make sure to include the job title in the subject line.