Sullivan County Residents and Local Leaders Will Ask: What’s Happening To My Health Care, Congressman Faso?February 23, 2017
No wonder it took Congress so long to release their healthcare plan -- it’s not a plan at all!
WHEN: TODAY: Thursday, February 23, 2017
Time: 3:30 p.m.-4 p.m.
WHERE: Village Hall, 2 Pleasant Street, Monticello
Extreme right-wing elected officials in Congress are determined to eliminate affordable, quality healthcare. Their actions would cause 30 million hardworking Americans to lose healthcare coverage and also, would threaten the economic viability of the healthcare institutions that serve our communities. The recently released Congressional plan does not protect healthcare coverage -- it destroys it!
At Village Hall in Monticello, members of the community will speak about how the newly released, flawed Congressional healthcare plan will impact their lives. Participants will take the opportunity to tell their stories, which illustrate the need for affordable healthcare.
IMPACT OF REPEALING AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE
• 117,959 residents in Rep. Faso’s district will be at risk for losing healthcare coverage.
• Hudson Valley counties will potentially lose $17 million in state funding. That means less money for police, schools, and other essential county services – or higher taxes to make up the shortfall.
• 4,500 jobs will be at risk in Rep. Faso’s district, 131,000 statewide.
• Premiums are likely to double for the 16,268 Hudson Valley residents who buy private insurance on ACA exchanges.
• Seniors will lose $700 in Medicare coverage for prescription drugs.
• While New York continues to battle a heroin epidemic, the fight against opioid and other drug addictions will be devastated by funding loss.
• Reduction in Medicare payments to every hospital, nursing home, and home health agency in the Hudson Valley.
• Hospitals in Rep. Faso’s district could lose up to $28 million per year in federal funding.
• Statewide, hospitals could lose up to $2 billion per year in federal funding.
1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East is the largest and fastest-growing healthcare union in America. We represent over 400,000 nurses and caregivers throughout Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Florida. Our mission is to achieve quality care and good jobs for all.