Issues & Trends In Diabetes CareMarch 24, 2021
May 20, 2021
This continuing education offering presents the 2021 American Diabetes Association (ADA) Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes. The participants will learn the latest best and evidence-based practices in diabetes care as per current clinical practice recommendations from ADA. There will be a discussion on the pharmacologic and nutritional approaches with an emphasis on the role of the nurse. There will be a thorough discussion on insulin physiology which will assist the nurse to intelligently monitor and manage acute complications such as hypoglycemia. New glycemic targets will be discussed and the ways to guide the patient in achieving them safely. New trends such as continuous glucose monitoring, new insulins, and delivery system will be included.
At the end of this program, the participants will be able to:
• Describe the prevalence of diabetes and effects on the healthcare system.
• Describe pre-diabetes and measures to prevent or delay diabetes.
• Explain the pathogenesis of the major types of diabetes.
• Explain the complications of diabetes, diagnosis, and treatment recommendations.
• Describe the comprehensive evaluation of the patient with diabetes.
• Using case studies, assess data to discuss the nursing management of diabetes.
REGISTRATION is on a First Come, First Serve Basis:
This educational benefit is NO COST to 1199 Registered Nurses whose employer contribute to the 1199 RN Training and Upgrading Fund and have been there for 1 year. If you are not certain if you work within an institution that qualifies please call us. NOTE: please cancel your registration at least 10 days prior to class if you are unable to attend.
Non-1199 licensed professionals or 1199 members who work at Non- RNTJSF contributing institutions are welcome, at a Non-Refundable fee of $50 in advance per seminar.
If you do not qualify to take any of the programs for free, please pay according to the Non RNTJSF member pay scale or the Non 1199 member pay scale you fall into. Please note, there are a few programs that will require a fee whether you are eligible or not. Please make sure that your institution is still in good standing with the Fund to insure you receive proper benefits. If you are not certain whether your institution contributes to the RN Training & Job Security Fund or of your eligibility, please call Ms. Perry at 212 857-4315 for clarification, or check with Arlene Perez in the RN Training and Job Security Fund at 212-494-0537.
• We do not accept telephone registrations.
• Registration is on a first come, first serve basis since we have limited slots.
• A Registration confirmation will be emailed to you; however, we assume no responsibility for you not being present in a timely manner, It is your responsibility to confirm attendance, date, time, and location if you haven’t received a confirmation letter or email prior to class. Please contact Shauntel Perry at (212) 857-4315 or Email: Shauntel.Perry@1199.org, if you haven’t received a confirmation prior to the date of class.
Course Information: Please note, all classes are virtual via the (GoTo Training Platform) unless otherwise noted. Each participant will be solely responsible for having a device they can use to join virtually, as well as their own internet connection. The link to access the class will be provided upon confirmation of registration. The host of the class will accept participants at the start of the published time. Access to the class is closed 1 hour from the published time. REGISTRATION FOR NON-ELGIBLE REGISTRANTS: Based on virtual space availability, this course is open to 1199 members from non-participating institutions at a cost of $50.00.
Non-1199 registrants may also take this class at a cost of $50.00.
REFUND POLICY: NO REFUNDS will be given for a NO Show. 10-14 days is required to process all refunds. Requests for cancellations or a refund is required 14 days in advance of the scheduled seminar date.
Please register early Limited Virtual Spots.
CONFIRMATIONS: We will provide an email a confirmation of registration, but we assume no responsibility for you not joining the virtual course in a timely manner. It is your responsibility to confirm your registration, date, time and location if you haven’t received a confirmation within 1 week of sending in your registration form. If you haven’t received your confirmation, please call Shauntel Perry at 212-857-4315.
ATTENDANCE: Participants must attend at least 90% of the entire class session in order to earn the contact hours. Plan your schedules accordingly as WE DO NOT ISSUE CONTACT HOURS FOR PARTIAL ATTENDANCE.
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS: As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, all our courses for this spring semester will be virtual, unless otherwise noted.
All Registrants * Please register online at gototraining.com.