Education Funding Is Available for Healthcare WorkersOctober 18, 2023
Education is the key to a better future. Here are some of the scholarships, grants and tuition assistance programs available and how to access them.
1. First, apply for federal and/or state financial aid.
State Aid: https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/SAPHome/SAPHome
Federal Aid: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
2. Next step, visit and search online for educational programs in your area.
https://gettherefl.com/search/ Select a program (ie. adult ed, tech, state college), add your zip code to find local schools. Contact the school for more info.
3. Look for financial assistance programs here: https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org
Financial Assistance Programs:
Linking Industry to Nursing Education (LINE)
$19 million has been awarded through the LINE fund for Florida College System institutions, postsecondary technical centers and other schools.
Funding Through PIPELINE –Prepping Institutions, Programs, Employers, & Learners through Incentives for Nursing Education - 60 million RN programs
Additional Grant and Scholarship Programs Available:
• The William L. Boyd, IV, Effective Access to Student Education
• The First Generation Matching Grant Program (FGMG)
• The Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) Program
• The Florida Work Experience Program (FWEP)
• The José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund
Florida Nurses Association Available Scholarships and Grants:
Not a member of 1199SEIU? Sign up at 1199seiu.org/FLmembership