5 Reasons to Unelect Governor Larry HoganNovember 2, 2018
During his first term as governor in a Democratic state, Republican Larry Hogan has made it his mission not to cause too many waves in hopes of being re-elected for a second term. His TV ads would lead Marylanders to believe that his administration has done more for the state than any of the previous administration.
But here’s the FACTS:
- Hogan vetoed Earned Sick Leave Bill for 700, 000 workers.
- Hogan vetoed Restoring Voting Rights to Residents Leaving Prison. (Source: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/02/maryland-felon-voting/462000/)
- Hogan opposed bill to lower prescription drug prices, siding with drug companies. (Source: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-hogan-bill-decisions-20170526-story.html)
- Hogan cut public school funding by $1.4 billion, leaving Baltimore City students in freezing classrooms. (Source: https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/baltimore-cold-schools-governor-hogan/)
- Under the Hogan administration, homicides and commercial robberies have increased 88 percent in Baltimore. (Source: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-commercial-robberies-increase-20180117-story.html)