Nearly 200 Delegate and Leaders Develop 2023 Plan to Address Wages and StaffingJanuary 30, 2023
1199ers across Massachusetts started off 2023 with a bang! On January 18, nearly 200 members united in-person and virtually for our statewide 1199 delegate and leader assembly.
The purpose of the day was to develop a shared vision for 2023, understand where we are now, and share where we want our Union to be. And we did just that!
- Celebrated our recent victories and identified the challenges we face,
- Approved our policy priorities that tackle low wages and inadequate staffing,
- Created action plans to build our union in our workplaces, and
- Lifted up the continued need to lead with equity and justice with our keynote speaker, Michael Curry.
We know that our unity and power is how we win in 2023 and beyond. Our action plans include:
- Recruiting more members in various leadership roles,
- Highlighting our victories more and expanding our communication with each other,
- Continuing to share our experiences to inform legislation that impacts us, and
- Growing our union through organizing.
Now that we’ve created our plan to win in 2023, it is time to put it into motion. First step, email your legislator in support of our policy priorities. Click here to be automatically connected and share why this matters.
Join us at upcoming membership meetings, events, trainings, and more to ensure that we win for each other and those we care for. Plus, check out our 2023-2024 legislative priorities that were informed by you! For more information, contact your 1199 delegate or admin. organizer.