Barrier Precautions and Infection Control MeasuresJanuary 7, 2020
CLASS DATE: March 30, 2021
1199SEIU League of Registered Nurses fosters the professional growth and development of its RN members and the nursing community at large. We are committed to providing quality need-specifc continuing education programs that are reflective of current issues and trends in healthcare and nursing.
PURPOSE: This seminar is offered to meet training requirements of Chapter 786 of the Laws of 1992 that states that certain healthcare professionals licensed in New York State must receive training on Infection Control and Barrier Precautions every 4 years unless otherwise exempted. This statue applies to: dental hygienists, dentists, licensed practical nurses, optometrists, physicians, physician assistants, podiatrists, registered nurses, and special assistants. The target audience are registered nurses and other licensed professionals who require this training.
• Understanding how blood-borne pathogens may be transmitted in the workplace; Patient to HCW, HCW to Patient
• Current scientifically accepted infection control principles appropriate for specific work environments
• Minimizing the opportunity of pathogens to patients and HCWs
• Familiarizing professionals with the laws requiring this training & professional misconduct charges that may be applicable for not complying with the law.
REGISTRATION: This educational benefit is NO COST to 1199 Registered Nurses whose employer contribute to the 1199 RN Training and Upgrading Fund and have been there for 1 year. If you are not certain if you work within an institution that qualifies please call us. NOTE: please cancel your registration at least 10 days prior to class if you are unable to attend.
If you do not qualify to take any of the programs for free, please pay according to the Non RNTJSF member pay scale or the Non 1199 member pay scale you fall into. Please note, there are a few programs that will require a fee whether you are eligible or not. Please make sure that your institution is still in good standing with the Fund to insure you receive proper benefits. If you are not certain whether your institution contributes to the RN Training & Job Security Fund or of your eligibility, please call Ms. Perry at 212 857-4315 for clarification, or check with Arlene Perez in the RN Training and Job Security Fund at 212-494-0537.
•We do not accept telephone registrations.
•Registration is on a first come, first serve basis since we have limited slots.
• A Registration confirmation will be emailed to you; however, we assume no responsibility for you not being present in a timely manner, It is your responsibility to confirm attendance, date, time, and location if you haven’t received a confirmation letter or email prior to class. Please contact Shauntel Perry at (212) 857-4315 or Email: Shauntel.Perry@1199.org, if you haven’t received a confirmation prior to the date of class.
Course Information: Please note, all classes are virtual via the (GoTo Training Platform) unless otherwise noted. Each participant will be solely responsible for having a device they can use to join virtually, as well as their own internet connection. The link to access the class will be provided upon confirmation of registration. The host of the class will accept participants at the start of the published time. Access to the class is closed 1 hour from the published time.
REGISTRATION FOR NON-ELGIBLE REGISTRANTS: Based on virtual space availability, this course is open to 1199 members from non-participating institutions at a cost of $50.00. Non-1199 registrants may also take this class at a cost of $50.00.
All Registrants * Please register online at gototraining.com.