Critical Care Core Course Review: CCRN Adult CertificationJanuary 7, 2020
CLASS DATES: May 15, 22 & June 5, 2021
Time: 8:15am - 4:30pm
PURPOSE: This Educational Activity will build upon the knowledge base of the experienced critical care nurses and help them prepare for passing the CCRN - Adult certification. It will also serve as a refresher course for those who are currently CCRN certified and wish to renew their certification by either contact hours or seating for the examination.
TARGET AUDIENCE: This course is designed for all experienced Critical Care Nurses who will be seating for CCRN Certification Examination for the first time, as well as those currently CCRN board certified seeking renewal.
• Identify the components of the Board Certification of a CCRN Certification Examination.
• Discuss the disease process and plan of care using a nursing process approach for each of the common pathophysiologic disorders encountered in an adult in an ICU setting:
• Cardiovascular System
• Pulmonary System
• Neurologic system
• Renal System
• Gastrointestinal System
• Endocrine System
• Hematologic/Immunologic Systems
• Discuss legal ethical aspects of critical care nursing.
• Review test questions related to critical care topics discussed under each system
REGISTRATIONS FOR ELIGIBLE MEMBERS: This is a 3-day educational benefit at no cost for all 1199 Registered Nurses whose employers contribute to the 1199 RN Training, Upgrading and Job Security Fund and who have been working as an RN for at least one year. You must attend all 3 days of the seminar if you’re to receive a certificate of Attendance and your contact hours. If you miss any part of the three day’s you cannot attend another day until the course is offered again.
If you do not qualify to take any of the programs for free, please pay according to the Non RNTJSF member pay scale or the Non 1199 member pay scale you fall into. Please note, there are a few programs that will require a fee whether you are eligible or not. Please make sure that your institution is still in good standing with the Fund to insure you receive proper benefits. If you are not certain whether your institution contributes to the RN Training & Job Security Fund or of your eligibility, please call Ms. Perry at 212 857-4315 for clarification, or check with Arlene Perez in the RN Training and Job Security Fund at 212-494-0537.
• • We do not accept telephone registrations.
• Registration is on a first come, first serve basis since we have limited slots.
• A Registration confirmation will be emailed to you; however, we assume no responsibility for you not being present in a timely manner, It is your responsibility to confirm attendance, date, time, and location if you haven’t received a confirmation letter or email prior to class. Please contact Shauntel Perry at (212) 857-4315 or Email: Shauntel.Perry@1199.org, if you haven’t received a confirmation prior to the date of class.
Course Information: Please note, all classes are virtual via the (GoTo Training Platform) unless otherwise noted. Each participant will be solely responsible for having a device they can use to join virtually, as well as their own internet connection. The link to access the class will be provided upon confirmation of registration. The host of the class will accept participants at the start of the published time. Access to the class is closed 1 hour from the published time.
Please register early Limited Virtual Spots.
CONFIRMATIONS: We will provide an email a confirmation of registration, but we assume no responsibility for you not joining the virtual course in a timely manner. It is your responsibility to confirm your registration, date, time and location if you haven’t received a confirmation within 1 week of sending in your registration form. If you haven’t received your confirmation, please call Shauntel Perry at 212-857-4315.
ATTENDANCE: Participants must attend at least 90% of the entire class session in order to earn the contact hours. Plan your schedules accordingly as WE DO NOT ISSUE CONTACT HOURS FOR PARTIAL ATTENDANCE.
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS: As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, all our courses for this spring semester will be virtual, unless otherwise noted.
REGISTRATION FOR NON-ELGIBLE REGISTRANTS: Based on virtual space availability, this course is open to 1199 members from non-participating institutions at a cost of $330. Non-1199 registrants may also take this class at a cost of $360.
All Registrants * Please register online at gototraining.com.