Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life SupportJanuary 7, 2020
CLASS DATES: March 29 & 30, 2021
Location: Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Professional Development & Org. Learning
Axel Building, 4th Floor, Classroom
134-20 Jamaica Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11418
Purpose: The PALS Full Provider Course Program is designed to provide healthcare professionals the essential knowledge and skills for a successful resuscitation of an adult patient by performing BLS and ACLS based on the AHA 2005 guidelines.
• BLS Practice & Competency Testing
• Management of Respiratory Emergencies
• Rhythm Disturbances/Electrical Therapy
• Vascular Access
• Resuscitation Team Concept
• Overview of Pediatric Assessment
• Overview of Learning Stations
• Core Case Discussions/Core Case Simulations
• Course Summary and Testing Details
• Written Exam
Prerequisites required for taking PALS through 1199 Office of Continuing Education
• All registrants must have knowledge of basic EKG rhythm strip interpretation or work in an area caring for patients requiring cardiac monitoring on a daily basis. It is required that you have taken Basic EKG & 12 Lead EKG before taking this course.
• All registrants must be able to attend the complete program on both days from 8AM to 5PM. Participants must arrive between 7:30 AM and 7:50 AM to check-in. No one is allowed to enter the class once it begins.
• All registrants must have and bring to class a current American Heart Association BLS Provider Card.
• All registrants who are registering to take this class free must be a current employee of and 1199 hospital where the employer contributes to the RN Training and Job Security Fund. You must be able to present proof of current membership (current, dated hospital photo ID). You must produce your current Id on the first day of the class before you will be permitted to enter the class.
• BOOK FOR CLASS: All registrants must call Jamaica Hospital (718-206-8050) to arrange to purchase the text (cost: $45) within five days of the class. If you have a book which you think might be appropriate, please contact Jamaica to be sure you have the right EDITION. Reimbursement for the book will be made in a timely manner after successfully completing the course AND with the presentation of the ORIGINAL receipt of purchase. Participants will need to get their text at least two weeks in advance in order to prepare for this course. If you do not have the current appropriate edition, you will not be allowed to take the class. Nurses who do not qualify for this free class will not be eligible for reimbursement for the cost of their books.
Registration Information: Since this is a free course to qualified 1199 nurses and since there is a great demand for it, it is important that you adhere to the Registration and Attendance guidelines.
•This 2-day educational benefit is available at no cost for all 1199 nurses whose employer contributes to the 1199 RNTJSF.
•This course is also open to 1199 members who are not eligible under the free plan and to non-1199 members at a cost of $375.00 (payable to the 1199 League of Registered Nurses). NO REFUNDS will be given after the ten-day period prior to the actual date of the seminar or for a “No Show” on the day of the seminar.
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis since we have limited slots. A Registration confirmation will be emailed to you; however, we assume no responsibility for you not being present in a timely manner, It is your responsibility to confirm attendance, date, time, and location if you haven’t received a confirmation letter or email prior to class. Please contact Shauntel Perry at (212) 857-4315 or Email: Shauntel.Perry@1199.org, if you haven’t received a confirmation prior to the date of class.
ATTENDANCE: Participants must attend at least 90% of the entire class session in order to earn the contact hours. Plan your schedules accordingly as WE DO NOT ISSUE CONTACT HOURS FOR PARTIAL ATTENDANCE.
All Registrants * Please register online at gototraining.com.