VOTE BY MAILJune 5, 2020
New York State PRIMARY ELECTION DAY: JUNE 23
THE DEADLINE TO RETURN YOUR VOTE BY MAIL (ABSENTEE BALLOT) APPLICATION IS JUNE 16.
You can check your voter registration status at https://americaforall2020.org/
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, voters will have the ability to cast their vote by mail in this month’s Primary Election. If you have concerns about your safety during this crisis, you may prefer to vote by mail. It’s simple.
VOTE BY MAIL:
1. Check your mail for a voter absentee ballot application. Applications were mailed to all registered voters. Absentee Ballot Application Enclosed is printed on the envelope. If you did not receive it, you can download a copy by going to https://www.elections.ny.gov/VotingAbsentee.html
2. Return your absentee ballot application in the return envelope. Don’t wait! Mail it today to get your voting ballot as soon as possible
THE DEADLINE TO RETURN YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION IS JUNE 16.
3. Check your mail. The Ballot to vote by mail will be sent to you. The Ballot is identical to one you would receive at a poll site.
4. Cast your vote as you would at the polls. Fill in the ovals with black ink next to the names of the people you are voting for. Do not sign or otherwise mark your Ballot.
5. An envelope will be provided to insert your Ballot. Seal it and insert that envelope into the second envelope which is self-addressed to the Board of Elections. Sign the voter oath on the back of the envelope. You must sign the oath for your vote to be counted. No postage necessary.
6. Here is the list of 1199 endorsed candidates in New York.
7. Mail your Ballot as soon as you receive it but no later than June 22!
If you prefer to vote in person, Primary Day is Tuesday, June 23. Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Or, you can avoid the long lines on election day. You can vote early. Early Voting Sites will open every day from Saturday, June 13 until Sunday, June 21. To find your Early Voting Site