New Elara Caring Contract for Massachusetts Homecare Members!March 17, 2023
Desplácese hacia abajo para español
After months of bargaining, taking action, and making our voices heard, we have a new contract that invests in us! The contract includes:
HIGHER WAGES! INCREASE UP TO $5.55/HR!
- Creates a 20-step wage scale based on experience with Elara/Medical Resources
- Range of $17.97/hr (minimum) to $20.55/hr (maximum)
- Increases are effective retroactively to January 2022 for Boston-based workers, November 2022 for those based out of non-Boston offices
- Bonuses of approximately $2/hour on all hours worked from July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
INCREASED FLEXIBILITY FOR PAID TIME OFF (PTO)!
- Eliminates the cap on PTO so there is no limit on how much PTO we accrue
- Allows for buyback of PTO so if we don’t use our PTO, we can get it paid out in money
TRAINING & UPGRADING FUND!
- Free and low-cost educational and training opportunities
EXPANSION OF TRAVEL, EXTRA CLIENT, AND WEEKEND PAY TO ALL ELARA OFFICES!
- $1.50/hour for weekend visits
- $.50 per hour for extra visits
- One additional day for bereavement of an immediate family member
Ratify (vote to approve the contract) in-person or on-line.
In Person Voting Opportunites:
- Boston Spanish In Service - Community Church of Boston - 565 Boylston Street - 10am-3pm
- Chinese Progressive Association - 28 Ash Street, Boston - 10am-2pm
March 24, 9am-3pm
- Bellingham - 799 South Main Street, Unit 17A
- Boston - 359 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor
- Chicopee - 450 Memorial Drive, Suite 401
- Lee - 625 Cape Street, Unit 1
- Leominster - 153 Lancaster Street, 1st Floor
- New Bedford - 862 Ashley Boulevard, Suites 1 2
- North Easton - 124 Main Street
- Tewksbury - 841 Main Street, 2nd Floor
- Worcester - 85 Prescott Street, Suite 102
- Newton - 320 Nevada Street, Suite 402
On-line Voting - March 27 thru 29 - Ends at 5PM on March 29
This victory is because of our unity in 1199SEIU! And it’s only the beginning because we will be back at the table in 2024 and 2025 for re-openers to increase wages again. We also negotiated mandatory bargaining when Elara receives any additional state funding. We will use our power with the State Legislature to fight for increased homecare rates and then make sure those rates end up as raises and benefits for us. When we fight, we win!